Surrey's Poet Laureate, Renee Sarojini Saklikar
Surrey International Writing Contest
Flex those fingers, writers! The 25th annual Surrey International Writers’ Conference Writing Contest is coming.
Surrey's Poet Laureate, Renee Sarojini Saklikar, launched her legacy book project Surrey Stories Connect:: Teens and Seniors Write Surrey on May 12 at City Centre Library. The intergenerational and intercultural exchanges in the book serve to highlight just how much has changed in Surrey, geographically and culturally, and yet reminds us how similar we all are. Saklikar hopes that this book will serve as a model going forward for others as well as to “nurture new ideas for connection and exchange through the written word and story-sharing across and among this city's diverse community”
Inquire at the library about getting a free copy.
WANT TO WRITE FOR SPOTLIGHT on the ARTS
What a We Want:
1) 300 to 900 word short stories (fiction or non-fiction). We also accept short poetry works.
2) Do you have new book, or anthology, in the market? Let us know. We may be interested in an interview, or review.
3) Tell us about your latest awards, or publishing successes. These will be shared with readers when space is available.
4) Letters. Again, based on space, we may be able to feature them. Focus and brevity are key here.
How We Want It:
1) E-mail, in plain text format, to email@example.com attn. editor
2) No PDF files, scanned images of a book, or sound files of you reading the story. Messages formatted in HTML are fine, but if you know how to turn it off, we prefer plain text.
3) Send it from the e-mail address at which you want us to correspond with you. No multiple email addresses.On the Subject line: Spotlight: Title of Story (or Poetry piece). NOT "Submission".
In the body of the message, what we want is as follows: